Sunday, February 21, 2010

Long Walks at CVHS

Today was the first day at the shelter and it was a lot of fun! I got to walk 8 different dogs in the time I was there. It would have been smart to remember that I would be there for three hours when I decided to walk Ollie for an hour before that. I don't think I have a career in dog walking...

My favorite dog of the day was a compact little pitbull mix named Beck. He was so wiggly and cute and had the sweetest eyes. I think I fell in love with all of them though. I even found a girlfriend for Ollie named Ramona. Ramona is a little skinny right now and I've taught Ollie to go for the girls with a little meat on their bones, so the matchmaking will have to wait. Ramona and Ollie sittin in a tree...the cats will totally pee on my pillows if I ever bring another dog home. They are spiteful sometimes.

I am so glad I started doing this. I think that finally getting it together and going for it even motivated someone else to start volunteering, but I'm pretty sure she's doing it to find a injured veteran boyfriend...Lisa is shameless and I love her for it.

Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment